Take Part In
The ABLE Summit 2023
Join experts in building capacity!
Share know-how or showcase your innovative solution in digital accessibility!
Suggested Areas of Interest:
- From Zero to Hero, building an inclusive environment
- Myths about inclusion and why accessibility is better for all
- Building capacity for inclusive practices in organizations
- Open resources and tools for self-learners
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Devices accessibility
- Inclusive Design
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Assistive technology and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Accessible Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Digital Textbooks and e-learning materials
- Assistive technology for students with special needs
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in education
- Online accessibility and remote learning
- Assistive technology and STEM education
- Accessibility in online assessments
- Learning spaces accessibility
- Peer support when and how
- Governmental, professional and institutional frameworks to implement and sustain inclusion
- Budgeting for accessibility in: projects, online services and facilities
- Procurement for accessibility
- Accessibility evaluation, testing , auditing, remedy and monitoring
- Digital accessibility 101
- Accessible authoring
- Social media accessibility
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
- Role based accessibility training: for designers, instructors, content authors, web developers
- DIY solutions for creating accessible environments. This might be coupled with pre-conference online workshops: Offer online workshops in the weeks leading up to the summit that focus on specific skills or knowledge that participants will need to “do it themselves” during the conference.
- Empowering individuals with disabilities to take control of their own assistive technology needs
- Accessible/inclusive work environments
- Talent and connecting through art
Propose a Workshop!
Offer a workshop during the ABLE Summit 2023.
Propose a unique and clearly defined session relating to digital accessibility under one of the tracks:
- Student Success
3. Independent Living and employability
4. Sustainability including governance and funding
Give a Talk or a Breakout Discussion
Share accessibility updates, practical tips, best practices, and real-world examples
that can help your audience understand how to design, develop and implement
accessible digital content at the ABLE Summit 2023 on September 14 and 15.
Are you involved in the field of inclusion?
Does your work serve people with special needs?
Showcase your idea in a 15-minutes Demo at the ABLE Summit 2023 on September 14 and 15.