A PIONEERING TRANSPLANT PROGRAM IN LEBANON
First to perform unrelated donor transplant, mismatch and haplo-identical transplant in Lebanon
EXCELLENCE IN MEDICAL CARE
Training physicians of the future
The AUBMC BMT program is an official member (number CIC369) of the European Blood and Marrow Transplantation Group (EBMT) and is recognized as an International Transplant Center by the US National Marrow Donor Program.
A MILESTONE OF A 1000 IN CANCER CARE
The BMT program has been at the forefront of advancing a life-saving intervention, celebrating the milestone of 1,000 transplantations October 2019, with 80% adult and 20% children beneficiaries.
BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT PATIENT GUIDE
Information on Bone Marrow Transplantation for patients is online:
Consult and download the guide at the link below!
WELCOME TO THE BONE MARROW TRANSPLANTATION PROGRAM
The AUBMC BMT program is well-recognized nationally and internationally for its cutting-edge basic, clinical, and translational cancer research, particularly in the field of hematological malignancies.
Committed to providing high-quality, compassionate, and state-of-the-art care, the BMT program strives to utilize the transplantation-based therapies and expertise to serve the patients’ personalized needs to eliminate cancer.
The program is currently the largest transplant program in Lebanon and largely attracts patients from Lebanon and most regional countries. Our program is an official member of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation and was also recognized as an International Transplant Center by the US National Marrow Donor Program.
CHOOSING THE AUBMC BMT PROGRAM
WHY CHOOSE BMT AT AUBMC
As medical centers that offer bone marrow transplantation (BMT) services increase, deciding where to seek BMT therapies becomes more difficult. Here are some reasons why the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC) is your best hope for BMT.
- The AUBMC BMT program is an official member (number CIC369) of the European Blood and Marrow Transplantation Group (EBMT).
- Awarded the prestigious JACIE accreditation in 2016, the program is the only internationally accredited program in Lebanon, one of two in the MENA region and one of eight worldwide outside Europe and North America.
- It is currently the pioneering transplant program in Lebanon and is witnessing an unprecedented growth.
- The program is the first to perform unrelated donor transplant, mismatch and haplo-identical transplant in Lebanon.
- We use and develop front-line diagnostic technology: helping physicians pinpoint each patient’s unique needs and tailor treatment for the best possible outcome.
- Our group of specialized nurses are trained in BMT care in order to provide patients with the utmost attention and quality care.
- On August 30, 2019, we crossed a landmark achievement with over 1000 bone marrow transplants since the BMT program fruition in 2004.
The BMT Program is well-recognized nationally and internationally for its cutting-edge basic, clinical, and translational cancer research, particularly in the field of hematological malignancies.
Research activities focused on developing targeted therapies for human leukemia are published in leading scientific journals, namely “The New England Journal of Medicine”, “Science”, “The Lancet Oncology”, “Blood”, and “Cancer Research”.
COVID-19 VACCINATION BOOSTERS: PATIENTS + SURVIVORS
Vaccination for cancer patients and survivors followed by BOOSTER shots is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Click on this link to complete your registration on the MOPH vaccination platform.
Consult our specialists for more information on COVID-19 vaccination BOOSTER shots.
Anyone 12 years or older is eligible to receive a BOOSTER dose at AUBMC.
3rd and 4th BOOSTER doses are available through walk in from 8am to 2pm Monday to Friday at the Halim and Aida Daniel Academic Center from 8am to 2pm Monday to Friday.
PATIENT INFORMATION RESOURCES
SCHEDULE AN ONLINE CONSULTATION
Request an online apointment with a pediatric or adult Hematology Oncology Specialist or learn how to schedule one through MyAUBHealth.
You can also contact the call center directly on 01- 759 618.
MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR
“The program received the JACIE accreditation in 2016, and as such became the only internationally accredited program in Lebanon and one of eight worldwide outside Europe and North America with its state-of-the art research facility and compassionate, customized care in curing patients from cancer. With this acquisition, AUBMC achieved another milestone and establishes its legacy of being an enduring medical center in Lebanon and the region.”
Ali Bazarbachi, MD, PhD