The mission of The Moufid Farra Heart, Vascular and Kidney Outpatient Center is to optimize cardiovascular health care delivery in Lebanon and the region by applying best practices, patient-centered quality care, cutting-edge research, and education.
The vision of The Moufid Farra Heart, Vascular and Kidney Outpatient Center is to be the leading cardiovascular center in Lebanon and the region.
The Moufid Farra Heart, Vascular and Kidney Outpatient Center is comprised of the following specialties: cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, nephrology and hypertension. Working together, these units foster a comprehensive approach to the clinical management of cardiovascular patients starting from preventive efforts to diagnostics and therapeutic interventions.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Deliver the most advanced and comprehensive cardiovascular care in the region in a state-of-the-art center at AUBMC
- Develop a patient-centered care environment
- Apply best care practices
- Reach superior quality and outcome measures
- Aim for high training standards and advanced education
- Promote cardiovascular research, translation, and application of knowledge
- Develop a robust database for patients with cardiovascular disease
- Achieve operational efficiency combined with service excellence
- Influence healthcare policy locally and in the region
The Moufid Farra Heart, Vascular and Kidney Outpatient Center offers a variety of services including general cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, atherosclerosis prevention, vascular surgery, vascular medicine, structural heart diseases, percutaneous interventions, cardiovascular imaging, electrophysiology, heart failure, valve diseases, nephrology and hypertension. These services are all integrated into a multidisciplinary comprehensive center.
The Vascular Medicine Program (VMP) at AUB serves as the hub for clinical and translational research of The Moufid Farra Heart, Vascular and Kidney Outpatient Center, and it serves as a program that promotes Vascular Health in addition to reducing the burden of cardiovascular diseases in Lebanon and the region.
FACULTY AND STAFF
Dr. Ziyad Ghazzal
Mr. Rida Al Rakka
Dr. Bernard Abi Saleh
Dr. Samir Alam
Dr. Samir Arnaout
Dr. Habib Dakik
Dr. Walid Gharzeddine
Dr. Ziyad Ghazzal
Dr. Maurice Khoury
Dr. Abdallah Rebeiz
Dr. Marwan Refaat
Dr. Fady Sawaya
Dr. Munir Obeid
Dr. Pierre Sfeir
Nephrology and Hypertension
Dr. Adel Birbari
Dr. Ali Abu Alfa
Dr. Fuad Ziyadeh
Dr. Kamal Badr
Dr. Majida Daouk
Dr. Samir Mallat
Dr. Walid Mudawar
Dr. BRakan Nasreddine
Dr. Roger Sfeir
Dr. Fady Haddad
Dr. Jamal Hoballah
TEACHING CASE STUDIES
- American University of Beirut Medical Center (A)
- American University of Beirut Medical Center (A). Ivey Publishing.
- American University of Beirut Medical Center: Achieving the 2020 Vision (B). Ivey Publishing.
- Lebanese Red Cross: A Pressing Need for a Structured Volunteering Selection Process. Sage Business Cases.
- American University of Beirut Medical Center: Patient Transport. Ivey Publishing.
EHMU hosts international PhD student residencies in Cross-cultural Healthcare Management in collaboration with other educational institutions. EHMU’s PhD residency program offers students an opportunity to combine research with the development of practical healthcare solutions targeted towards solving healthcare needs.
Faculty affiliated with EHMU, as co-supervisors, provide PhD student residents with structure, training, and detailed feedback that allow them to develop and implement their research plans. PhD student residents are employed by EHMU as researchers for a period of three years, and are expected to produce a minimum of three publications in top tier journals at the end of their PhD.
The EHMU PhD residency is highly competitive. Prior to contacting EHMU, students must have identified an External PhD program, a potential supervisor in the target institution, and a potential research topic relating to healthcare management in a cross-cultural setting.