PATIENT INFORMATION MATERIAL
- Fostering and promoting the development and dissemination of informational and awareness resources on cancer: The Cancer Prevention and Control Program (CPCP) at the Naef K. Basile cancer Institute actively fosters and promotes awareness material on various topics related to the prevention, management and treatment of cancer.
- Information resource hub on cancer: As such the CPCP aims to be an information resource hub on cancer. While focusing on the importance of cancer screening and tobacco control; the information the CPCP puts forward accounts for the most frequently diagnosed diseases, published local research, and tobacco smoking as a main risk factor.
- Resources developed by the CPCP are used in the program’s various community outreach activities and shared with collaborating NGOs: planned health awareness campaigns and events for the public whether for an adult public audience, schools or at AUBMC grounds for patients and caretaker families. After being reviewed by our medical specialists, booklets are published in collaboration with the patient education endeavour at AUBMC.
The following resources are available in infographic and booklet form:
- Screening for Cancer: Lung, Prostate, Breast and Colorectal Cancers
- Cancer diseases: Bladder, Prostate, ALL, Lung, Ovarian, Colorectal Cancer, Skin, Testicular and Cervical Cancers
- Cancer care: From Dealing with Cancer, Implantable ports & Catheters to Chemotherapy
- Prevention and detection: Tobacco and Cancer, Healthy Living Preventing Cancer, Genetic testing for Cancer
- Covid-19 and cancer
- The CPCP actively fosters the development of informational resources in different media forms (print and digital) on cancer prevention while directing its awareness efforts on two main elements for cancer prevention in Lebanon: promoting early screening for cancer and tobacco cessation by sharing continuous knowledge on the carcinogenic risk of tobacco in its many forms.
- Information media developed, designed and produced at NKBCI by the CPCP is used in the program’s various community outreach activities, planned health awareness campaigns and events, and shared with collaborating NGOs.
- Prepared information may also support disease awareness on NKBCI Blood Diseases Program: namely Iron Deficiency and Thrombosis.
Learn more with our user-friendly informedia resources in English & Arabic by clicking on the hyperlinks of our dedicated Pinterest account:
- Tobacco & Cancer English/Arabic
- Live healthy prevent cancer English/Arabic
- Reduce your cancer risk + Screen English/Arabic
- Ways to reduce your cancer risk
- Prostate cancer English/Arabic
- Testicular cancer English/Arabic
- Pancreatic cancer
- PSA level journal + PSA infographic
Learn more on the CoronaVirus with informational material in English & Arabic produced at the Naef K. Basile Institute by clicking the images and at our Pinterest account:
COVID-19 mRNA vaccines video:
COVID-19 & Cancer:
Staying vigilant in the new normal:
Keeping Safe for Each Other:
Why smoking is dangerous:
10 reasons to stop smoking during the outbreak:
What Happens After You Quit Smoking:
How CoronaVirus Stigma Affects Patients and Societies: