People to People Aid Donation
On Aug 17th, The Cancer Support Fund welcomed U.S. Ambassador Dorothy Shea as part of People to People Aid’s donation of much-needed medication support for cancer patients, valued at more than $1.4 million, in partnership with Direct Relief and MAP International.
Helping Cancer Patients
Cancer patients are in continuous need of support.
Read more on the Cancer Support Fund’s mission to secure life-saving therapy on our page and consult the dedicated Donations page.
Cancer Support Fund AUBMC
There is no better time to come together and help patients.
To be able to carry on the Cancer Support Fund’s mission, urgent medicines and donations are needed.
Every life matters. Please watch, share and donate.
Have any questions?
The Cancer Support Fund at AUBMC is a charitable initiative that aims on supporting cancer patients in all aspects of their life during treatment.
You can contact the Cancer Support Fund directly by clicking the button below
- The Cancer Support Fund (CSF) is a charitable initiative at the American University of Beirut Medical Center‘s (AUBMC) Naef K. Basile Cancer Institute. The CSF was established in response to a pressing need in a region where cancer rates are on the rise and patients lack a comprehensive support system that will assist them throughout their medical treatment journeys.
- The CSF is dedicated to raise public awareness of cancer while providing financial assistance, emotional support and guidance to underserved patients who need help. We aim to ensure providing our patients with the full range of support they need during their cancer journey and beyond. The CSF works on continually expanding its programs and services to meet the health care and social needs of the communities we serve.
RESPONDING TO A NEED FOR CANCER CARE
- Cancer rates are increasing worldwide. They are especially high in the Middle East—and continue to rise.
- According to the Lebanese Ministry of Public Health’s National Cancer Registry and the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer, cancer incidence in Lebanon has increased from 191 per 100,000 in 2003 to 284 per 100,000 in 2018 (World Health Organization Global Cancer Observatory – Lebanon)
- This increase represents a large and growing burden on individuals and their families, specially for those who cannot afford to access advanced healthcare services.
MISSION, VISION AND GOALS
To provide financial and comprehensive psychosocial support to underprivileged adult cancer patients who are receiving treatment at the Naef K. Basile Cancer Institute.
We seek to be the national and regional reference for adult cancer patient treatment and support by facilitating research and promoting cancer prevention through enhanced public awareness
- Providing financial assistance to underprivileged adult cancer patients
- Offering patients and their families psychosocial support
- Supporting underprivileged adult cancer patients
- Raising awareness about cancer prevention
- Supporting adult cancer research at AUBMC
WHO WE SUPPORT
- The Cancer Support Fund supports patients age 18 years and above diagnosed with Brain, Lung Prostate, Colon, Skin Cancer and other Solid tumors.
- Support includes financial assistance towards the cost of hospitalization and follow-up diagnostics for underprivileged adult cancer patients.
- The CSF provides adult cancer patients with financial support as assessed by the AUBMC Social Services Office with no discrimination on the basis of gender or religion.
- Patients supported by the CSF receive comprehensive multidisciplinary cancer treatment by subspecialized physicians, nurses, and psychologists offering medical care quality that aims to meet advanced standards of service excellence.
CHOOSING THE Naef K. Basile Cancer Institute AT AUBMC
- Our aim is to provide under-privileged adult cancer patients with access to state of the art medical services. As such the Naef K. Basile Cancer Institute is the first medical institute in Lebanon to develop subspecialized programs for the management of brain, breast, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, head and neck and lung cancers, a benign and malignant hematology program, a Stem Cell Transplantation unit, in addition to establishing a Palliative and Supportive Care Program and a Cancer Prevention and Control Program.
- The Naef K. Basile Cancer Institute faculty, who are national, regional and international medical experts in clinical care and translational research, have been spearheading the region’s Bone Marrow Transplant care by obtaining multiple accreditation and performing various first of their kind medical procedures in Lebanon. With many established affiliations with both regional and international cancer centers, the institute offers its patient with advanced international care standards.
HELPING OVERCOME CANCER
- Cancer may reach and touch anyone even energetic, young, and active members of our communities.
- Treatment cost incurred by the patient varies from 10 000 $ up to 100 000 $ depending on the cancer site, stage and treatment plan.
- Disbursement of funds is determined based on patient eligibility and availability of funds to support patients.
- Your contribution will help us provide every adult cancer patient with the support they need to successfully overcome the challenges of cancer.
HALA DAHDAH ABOU JABER
CSF President and Founder
ALI TAHER, MD, PHD, FRCP
Professor of Medicine, Hematology & Oncology
Director – Naef K. Basile Cancer Institute
MAKE A DONATION
Please consult the American University of Beirut Cancer Support Fund’s dedicated Giving Page or click the image below.
For more information on how to support, or any questions about, the Cancer Support Fund, please contact Mr. Walid Katergi: email@example.com; +961 71 179 129
Phone: 00961-1-350000 ext: 7746
Fax: 00961-1-350000 ext: 7900
Facebook ♠: Cancer Support Fund
Facebook Messenger ♣: http://m.me/CSFAUBMC
Instagram ♥: CancerSupFUnd
Postal adress: PO. Box 11-0236 Riad el Solh 1107-2020, Beirut – Lebanon