- The Naef K. Basile Cancer Institute has initiated community outreach activities since 2012 through the Lebanese Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Comprehensive community outreach activities led by Dr. Ali Taher were initiated in January 2016 upon the establishment of the Cancer Prevention and Control Program at the Naef K. Basile Cancer Institute chaired by Dr. Rihab Nasr.
- Since then, the institute has succeeded in conducting numerous outreach activities at AUBMC through patient awareness workshops and cancer prevention months activities and across all of Lebanon in collaboration with long-time partners, such as AMALOUNA and the Lebanese Breast Cancer Foundation and the Global Health Institute, AUB Wellness Fairs, Health days in community and cultural centers as well as series of cancer awareness lectures in different regions in Lebanon.
- A mainstay campaign takes place on world cancer day, beginning February every year: one singular initiative under which the entire world can unite together in the fight against the global cancer epidemic. Through world cancer day the institute puts Lebanon on the map of world activities spearheaded by the International Union for Cancer Control.
- The Institute also raises awareness on different types of cancer, their treatment and prevention every month through AUBMC’s digital channels.
View a round-up of the Naef K. Basile Cancer Institute’s activities and events in our newsletters!
If you are a member of an organization or company that is interested in collaborating with the Naef K. Basile Institute in its various scientific or community activities, whether as a sponsor or a collaborating institution you can reach us on the following address mentioning all information pertaining to your agency and your aims about collaboration: